Saturday, November 29, 2008

First off...


The posts will be about song writing and lyric development.

To be a writer is to be a diamond miner; dragging up a lot of sludge for the little gems - tough work.

Some writers write in their head and then commit to media. I do both, with an emphasis of doing a little writing every day during a concentrated time. I write on paper as I find it too easy to erase or edit ideas digitally.

Part of my artistic training is in visual arts so I write as if I were sketching with a lot of doodles in the margins. Pages become tangles of ideas.

So this is my very first blog to the whole world.

Future posts, if not frequent, will be regular, depending on the sludge I'm shoveling and digging through.

HINT: Click on the picture to enlarge it to see more of the process :o)


No comments: